- Prepare the necessary ingredients: cheese, butter, bread, a non-stick pan and spatula.
‘’Gather/Assemble the necessary ingredients: cheese, butter, bread, a non-stick pan and a spatula.’’
(The word ‘’prepare’’ is used for things you make from scratch, especially a dish or a meal. e.g. I am preparing a meal for my family now.)2. Our school principle advised us to pay attention in classes.
2. Our school principle advised us to pay attention in class.
Our school principal advised us to pay attention in class
(The word ‘’principle’’ means moral values or ideals.)
3. What is the amount of students in this class?
What is the number of students in this class?
(The word ‘’amount’’ is used for uncountable nouns such as amount of sugar in coffee etc. Students are countable, so you have to use ‘’number of students’’)
4. I was very scared yesterday because I dream of a car accident.
I was very scared yesterday because I dreamt of a car accident.
( It is clearly the past tense.)
5. I went to watch movie yesterday.
I went to watch a movie yesterday.
6. You gained the weight last month.
You gained some weight last month.
7.Yesterday I go to market to buy three duck.
Yesterday I went to the market to buy three ducks.
8. He got a job in Microsoft.
He got a job at Microsoft.
9. I have made a decision on my future studies.
I have made a decision about my future studies.
10. The cat chased it’s own tail.
The cat chased its own tail.
11. Its a lovely day today.
It’s a lovely day today.
(It’s is a short form for It is)
12. The tree has lost all it’s leaves
The tree has lost all its leaves.
13.She bought stationary for writing.
She bought stationery for writing.
(The word ‘’stationary’’ means ‘’without moving’’. Also remember that stationery does not have a plural form. You cannot say ‘’stationeries.’’)
14.I hate to loose in badminton
I hate to lose in badminton.
15.Tomorrow I shall go Bandar.
Tomorrow I shall go to Bandar
16. We arrived to the school.
We arrived at the school.
17. We arrived on Kuantan at 4pm.
We arrived at Kuantan at 4 pm.
18. For the first day, we went for sightseeing in the town.
On the first day, we went for sightseeing in the town.
19. It was sunny at the last day.
It was sunny on the last day.
20. We reached to the school at 4 pm.
We reached the school at 4 pm.