I am trying to tackle the most worrisome factor in my life, that is, my sleep. More accurately the lack of sleep. So, from today onward, I am sticking to strict sleep hygiene strategies.
- My bed room will be cold, completely dark and without any distractions.
- I will have a comfortable pillow and blanket ready.
- I will not read or use my mobile phone on the bed.
- I will go to sleep only when I am really sleepy.
- I will read till I sleep.
- I will meditate for a while before I read.
- I will not drink coffee or tea after 6 pm.
- I will have a light dinner at 7 pm.
- I will go for a walk from 6 to 6.45 pm.
- I will have a bath at 6.45 pm.
- I will keep my mind free of stress, and try to have positive thoughts.
- I will do gardening in the evening, from 5.30 to 6 pm.
- I will have a bedtime routine – brush teeth and moisturize
- If I wake up in the middle of the night, I will not go out of the room. I will read for a while and when sleepy again, go back to sleep. (I have to buy a small reading light).
- I will not nap during the day.
- I will not use the mobile phone after 8 pm.
Thus begins a new chapter in my life, in which I am trying to take charge of my notorious sleeping habits. Wish me good luck.